Before you can bid for a sale from Ancient Artifacts Auctions, you must register to bid online at ancientartifacts-auctions.com. Please note that you must be registered or you may not be able to bid online in the specific sale. Once you have registered you should keep your account details strictly confidential and you must not permit any third party to use or access your account on your behalf or otherwise. You will be liable for any and all bids made via your account.
Registration to Ancient Artifacts Auctions implies understanding and agreeing of the account holder to the terms and conditions stated in this section by Ancient Artifacts Auctions.
Ancient Artifacts Auctions is an intermediate party as Auctioneer between registered bidders and third party galleries and private collectors.
Online Bidding Process
1. Once you have successfully registered for online bidding in a sale, you will be eligible to bid online at that sale.
2. During a sale, you can bid for a lot by clicking the bidding button. Each bid shall be final and binding as soon as you click the Bid button. Bid increments are generated automatically by Ancient Artifacts Auctions.
3. You acknowledge that you are bidding in a live auction and you agree that each bid submitted as provided in these terms and conditions is irrevocable and cannot be amended or corrected, even if submitted in error and notified to us. You accept full liability for all bids submitted via your Ancient Artifacts Auctions Bidding account (including the liability to pay in full and on time in accordance with the Bid Conditions for any lot that is the subject of a successful bid submitted from your account).
After the Sale
1.To find out if you have been successful in your bidding, you may check the results that are published by Ancient Artifacts Auctions online after the sale.
2. You agree to pay for and collect any lot that is the subject of a successfulbid submitted by you or from your online bidding account, in accordance with the Bid Conditions.
3. The Buyer’s Premium is the commission, the percentage that is additionally charged on the hammer price, the winning bid, and has to be paid by the winner to Ancient Artifacts Auctions.
4. Ancient Artifacts Auctions’ Buyer’s Premium is 10 (ten) percent.
Use of the Online Bidding Service and Limitations Of Ancient Artifacts Auctions’ Liability
1. If you choose to use the online bidding process provided by Ancient Artifacts Auctions, you do so entirely at your own risk. Access to and use of online bidding is dependent upon, among other things, the availability of the internet and the speed and quality of internet connections.
2. In regard to currency exchange rates, you are advised to conduct your own research into the applicable exchange rates prior to placing a bid. Please note that the sale is conducted, and all bids must be made, in the currency of the country in which the sale is held. All bidding increments will be in that currency only. Payment for any lot that is the subject of a successful bid must also be made in the currency of the Sale and not in any other currency (even if that currency is displayed on the currency conversion tool). We do not accept any responsibility for any errors that may occur as a consequence of reliance upon the currency conversion tool.
3. The content displayed via the online bidding may contain inaccuracies and typographical errors and we do not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the content or that any defects will be corrected. Any reliance on any such content, advice, statement, or other information shall be at your sole risk. We, Ancient Artifacts Auctions, reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to correct any errors or omissions in any portion of the OnlineBidding service and to make any changes to the features, functionality or content of the online bidding at any time.
4. Access to the online bidding is made available as a convenience and on a temporary basis, and we reserve the right to suspend or terminate any aspect or feature of the online bidding service (including the Online Bidding service in its entirety) at any time, with or without notice. Without limiting the foregoing, we may suspend access to online bidding to carry out scheduled or unscheduled maintenance or for any other reason at any time.
5. We accept no liability for any failure or delay in executing bids or any errors contained in bids placed via the online bidding at Ancient Artifacts Auctions.
6. Ancient Artifacts Auctions and its cooperators and suppliers provide the online bidding without any warranty or condition, express, implied or statutory. Without limiting the foregoing, we accept no liability for any failures, delays or errors caused by interuptions in the availability of the online bidding service or website or any errors or defects in their content of functionality, any software and/or hardware defects (whether yours or on behalf of Ancient Artifacts Auctions)and we do not represent or warrant that the online bidding service of the website will be error free or viruses or other harmful components, or that any defects will be corrected. Auction is consisting of consigned objects, and auctioneer does not own, but mediates the objects offered for auction.
7. The objects from the auctions have to be shipped or otherwise picked up in person at the designated location.
8. Ancient Artifacts Auctions is not in any way responsible for the loss or damage during shipment of the consigned items by land, sea or air by the (third party) shipping company chosen by the Consigner.
9. Winning bids are exclusive of shipping and insurance costs, or otherwise indicated at opening of auction. Buyer is responsible for taking shipping and/or insurance costs on his/her account.
10. Winning bids are exclusive of Buyer’s Premium.
11. Ancient Artifacts is not responsible for collateral shipping and international import costs or permits or licenses for the buyer. It is the purchaser’s sole responsibility to identify and obtain any necessary export, import, firearm, endangered species or other permit for the lot.
12. Any symbols or notices in the sale catalogue reflect Ancient Artifacts Auctions’ reasonable opinion at the time of cataloguing and are for bidders’ general guidance only.
13. Ancient Artifacts Auctions and the Consignor make no representations or warranties as to whether any lot is or is not subject to export or import restrictions or any embargoes. Subject to fulfillment of all of the conditions set forth herein, on the fall of the auctioneer’s virtual hammer, i.e. When time clock has reached 0,0 seconds, the contract between the consignor and the purchaser is concluded, and the winning bidder thereupon will immediately pay the full purchase price or such part as we may require.
14. Title in a purchased lot will not pass until Ancient Artifacts Auctions has received the full purchase price in cleared funds. Ancient Artifacts is not obligated to release a lot to the purchaser until title to the lot has passed and any earlier release does not affect the passing of title or the Purchaser’s unconditional obligation to pay the full purchase price. It is specifically understood and agreed that the rescission of a sale and the refund of the original purchase price paid (the successful hammer price) is exclusive and in lieu of any other remedy which might otherwise be available as a matter of law, or in equity. Ancient Artifacts Auctions and the Consignor shall not be liable for any incidental or consequential damages incurred or claimed, including without limitation, loss of profits or interest.
15. Objects can be shipped globally WITH EXCEPTION OF North Korea, Egypt and Nigeria.
16. Objects will be shipped within one week (7 days) of consigner’s receiving of full payment of all sums, without any deduction for taxes or duties or any other governmental or non-governmental charges or withholdings whatsoever.
17. Agreements between Bidders and Consignors to effectuate a non-sale of an item at Auction, inhibit bidding on a consigned item to enter into a private sale agreement for said item, or to utilize the auctioneer’s auction to obtain sales for non-selling consigned items subsequent to the Auction, are strictly prohibited. If a subsequent sale of a previously consigned item occurs in violation of this provision, Auctioneer reserves the right to charge Bidder the applicable Buyer’s Premium and consignor a Seller’s Commission as determined for each auction venue and by the terms of the seller’s agreement.
18. Acceptance of these Terms and Conditions qualifies Bidder as a client who has consented to be contacted by Ancient Artifacts Auctions in the future. In conformity with “do- not-call” regulations, participation by the Bidder is affirmative consent to being contacted at the phone number shown in his application and this consent shall remain in effect until it is revoked in writing. Ancient Artifacts Auctions may from time to time contact Bidder concerning sale, purchase, and auction opportunities available through Ancient Artifacts Auctions and its affiliates and subsidiaries. Auctioneer presents properties in a number of collectible fields, and as such, specific venues have promulgated supplemental Terms and Conditions. Nothing herein shall be construed to waive the general Terms and Conditions of Auction by these additional rules and shall be construed to give force and effect to the rules in their entirety.
19. Payments: Winning bids have to be paid after closure of the auction, or Bidder has to confirm and inform Ancient Artifacts in writing of the term of payment.
20. We accept Direct Bank Transfer, Credit Card and Debit Card. For other options, contact Ancient Artifacts Auctions.
21. In order to place bids, Bidders who have not established credit with the Auctioneer must either furnish satisfactory credit information via a bank statement verification as source of the funds well in advance of the Auction.
22. Bids placed through the online bidding system from Ancient Artifacts Auctions will only be accepted from pre-registered Bidders. Credit will be granted at the discretion of Auctioneer.
23. Shipping: Winning bidders are responsible for all costs to ship their items, depending on the geographical location. Items cannot be shipped to North Korea. Shipping is not included in the price of your auction item(s). Please request the shipping terms and costs for the items.
24. Bids will not be accepted from those persons under the age of eighteen (18) without written consent of said persons parent or legal guardian. Written consent must acknowledge the terms and conditions of sale. This written consent constitutes an agreement to be bound thereby on behalf of the bidder.
25. Auctioneer is unable to combine purchases from other auctions or affiliates into one package for shipping purposes. Lots won will be shipped in a commercially reasonable time after payment in good funds for the merchandise and the shipping fees is received or credit extended, except when third-party shipment occurs.
26. Successful international bidders shall provide written shipping instructions, including specified customs declarations, to the Auctioneer for any lots to be delivered globally WITH EXCEPTION of North Korea, Egypt and Nigeria.
NOTE: Declaration value shall be the item(s) hammer price and consigner shall use the correct harmonized SITC code number for the lot i.e. 8960.
27. All shipping charges will be borne by the successful Bidder; if the client has a Signature release on file with the carrier, the package is considered delivered without Signature or delivery by consigner to Bidder’s selected third-party shipper. On all foreign shipments, any risk of loss during shipment will be borne by the Bidder following Ancient Artifacts Auctions’s delivery to the Bidder’s designated common carrier or third-party shipper.
28. Due to the nature of some items sold, it shall be the responsibility for the successful Bidder to arrange pick-up and shipping through third-parties; as to such items Ancient Artifacts Auctions shall have no liability. The laws of various countries regulate the import or export of certain plant and animal properties, including (but not limited to) items made of (or including) Brazilian rosewood, ivory, whalebone, turtle shell, coral, crocodile, or other wildlife. Transport of such lots may require special licenses for export, import, or both.
29. Bidder is responsible for: 1) obtaining all information on such restricted items for both export and import 2) obtaining all such licenses and/or permits. Delay, failure, or incapacity to obtain any such license or permit does not relieve the buyer of timely payment, or afford them the capacity to void their purchase or payment.
30. Ancient Artifacts Autions shall not be liable for any loss caused by or resulting from:
a. Seizure or destruction under quarantine or Customs regulation, or confiscation by order of any Government or public authority, or risks of contraband or illegal transportation of trade, or
b. Breakage of statuary, marble, glassware, bric-a-brac, porcelains, jewellery, and similar fragile.
31. Bidder registration is required for all persons wishing to bid for this auction.
32. First-time bidders and bidders who have not purchased from Ancient Artifacts Auctions previously are required to fax or email a copy of his/her photo identification (driver’s license/passport/state ID card) to email@example.com prior to being approved for bidding. Failure to do this may block your ability to bid.
33. Client data will be held confidentially.